Random Posts

Sunday 16 October 2016

You Belong To My Kitchen, So Stay Away From Politics – Buhari Insists


President Muhammadu Buhari has again re-echoed his earlier stance that his wife belongs in his kitchen.
Buhari while responding to his wife, Mrs Aisha Buhari’s criticism of his government, on Friday said she “belongs to my kitchen” and other rooms.
But the President’s media aide, Garba Shehu immediately reacted to his principal’s comment which has drawn so much criticism saying Buhari was joking.
However, the President in an interview with DW’s Phil Gayle in Germany maintained his earlier stance, saying the function of his wife was to take care of his home.

Excerpt of his interview in part…

DW: Recently your wife criticised your choices for top jobs, and you responded by saying
“I don’t know which party my wife belongs to, but she belongs to my kitchen and my living room.”
What did you mean by that, sir?

Buhari: I am sure you have a house. … You know where your kitchen is, you know where your living room is, and I believe your wife looks after all of that, even if she is working.

DW: That is your wife’s function?

Buhari: Yes, to look after me.

DW: And she should stay out of politics?

Buhari: I think so

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ads End Post